The Selkie - Rosanna Leo Synopsis:

This was supposed to be her year. However, after losing her job and discovering her fiancé cheating, Maggie Collins has her doubts. When her grandmother dies, she hits rock bottom. Maggie travels to her grandmother’s home in Orkney, Scotland to sort through her gran’s things, only to discover the old woman has left her a seal pelt as her inheritance. She also learns that others are after the pelt.

To add to her frustration, Maggie’s dreams are filled with luscious images of a long-haired man, images that draw her to the magical beaches in Orkney. Although she’s lost her trust in men, this dream man inspires her with a lust she’s never known before.

Calan Kirk has also been dreaming. Dreaming of Maggie, the mortal woman who arouses him as no other woman ever has. Meeting her in the flesh when she arrives in Orkney is nothing short of spontaneous sexual combustion. But she is a human, and not to be trusted. He needs the seal pelt, not a red-haired temptress.

As a thief ransacks Maggie’s grandmother’s house, Maggie and Calan are thrust together. They must search for the animal skin, a mythical relic which once found, will either bring them together or rip them apart forever.

My thoughts:

This was the first full length book I read about selkies and I really like the story line and the old myths. The book build up nicely from totally ruin for Maggie with losing her job to finding the fiancé with his pants down with his secretary doing a nice job on him. I absolutely loved that scene and this sentence just made the book for me:
He couldn't have looked more shocked if Darth Vader had entered the room wielding a light saber, claiming to be his long lost father.
I laugh so hard I almost fell out of my chair. That sentence deserves a star all on it`s own.
Then she meets Calan, the sexy selkie man that no woman gets to keep. My goodness they get it on after a while, the sex scenes are just mouthwatering and that stable scene ohmy.
I story build up nicely and the ending took me by surprise, wow I did not see that coming.
I will read future books in this series for sure, I really liked this book. I am giving it 4,5 stars.