The Other Half (Revelations, #1) - Elaina M. Roberts Synopsis:

For Kristiana Latimer, the Fifth Annual Human-Other Summit creates more aggravation than hope for the future. As a security guard for the hosting hotel, her job requires that she remain civil and professional with the visiting dignitaries regardless of provocation. But the Summit has yet to address the many growing concerns of the nonhuman integration. And when Michael Zakhara, the mysterious Head Ambassador, requests that she serve as his human liaison, Kris’ civility and professionalism are tested to the limits.

Just as they acknowledge their growing attraction and begin to work together, Kris’ niece and nephew are kidnapped, along with a half-dozen other nonhuman children. Suspecting the head of the local hate group, the Human Purity League, and Kris’ former boss, the couple organizes a stunning array of humans and nonhumans alike to help search for the missing children.

As tensions rise, Michael and Kris succumb to their intense mutual attraction. Secrets are shared, and truths revealed. But the Summit only lasts a week. Will they have time to save the children, address the issues at hand, and accept that they have found their other half?

My Thought:

The synopsis on this book sounded so good and the start was not bad ether, then Kris meets Michael and everything went downhill for me. Kris is described as a no fuss woman with a military back ground and a strong back bone. I therefore got a huge problem with her behavior when she meets her mate, seriously talk about going gaga. I also did not like that the leading man is called many different names, it is just plain confusing.

This could have been so good, the story in itself is a good one. It is the first book I have read with a djinni in it, a sexy one too. There are also lots of nice bi character’s, like Andrews, the sister and lots more. But the writing was just too detailed and I just could not get into it. I think maybe it should have been edited a bit more and that the story needs a bit more structure, more to the point.
This is sadly a DNF for me at 44%, if the author does a new round of editing and structure it up I would love to try to read it again. Since the basic story was rather good.
I give it 2 stars.

Book provided by the Author through PNR NaUBA group Author/Reader Exchange for an honest review.